The Top Laravel Tutorials – learn Laravel with the best resources you need to know
The name Laravel (Lar-a-vel, not Lauravel) was made up by Taylor Otwell [who created the Laravel Framework] from the name of the castle where the kings and queens of Narnia live. So much for a little history.
In this article, I will guide you through the best Laravel tutorials available to learn the framework.
This article if for all type of developers – whether you just started Laravel as hobbyist developer or you are on brink of developing enterprise apps with Laravel.
Having said that, let me guide here precisely on how to start learning Laravel and explore advanced terrain.
Now before you start conquering this framework, let me put you through the weapon you should carry here; requisite knowledge.
Resources you should know before getting started
- Moderate command over PHP since Laravel a is PHP framework
- Namespace as Laravel architecture uses this feature which was introduced in PHP version 5.3. If ‘Namespace’ is an alien word to you, then you better read this article which explains it the best way
- Basic concepts of object oriented programming
- Some idea about the MVC architecture in programming
And if you are still in the dilemma deciding which framework you should pick or learn then let me tell you that Laravel is the right choice for many reason and for long term unlike your mobile phone model or car, where you at some point after the purchase feel that you could have waited and opted for another model.
Advantages of Laravel
- Enterprise ready
- Actively maintained and upgraded
- Possibly the largest community where you can get help if you are stuck somewhere
- A large ecosystem of packages and ready to use boilerplate code bases to address all types of development needed that get you started quickly on coding front
- Uses best practices, expressive and easy to learn expressions and borrows the best things out of other frameworks. For instance, it uses many features of the Symphony framework and other PHP frameworks that are proven in the field
And little “googling” can expose you to the world of passionate developers who are strongly attached to this framework, all for the right reason. So…when you are all set to learn this framework, let’s get started with the resources available to learn.
Choosing the best resource is very important as it sets, if you don’t want to end up losing interest or getting the wrong impression about Laravel. Below are my picks and the reasons why I think they are great resources for you.
The Top Laravel Tutorials
Ask any Laravel developer no matter if intermediate or expert; they will surely mention Laracast at some point being the medium from where they started their Laravel journey or even having become an expert with it. Laracast provide screencast tutorials that will bring you on right path and guide you learning from scratch. It has precise, sharp and step by step video tutorials updated by Jeffrey Way.
This guy did great job here and it’s not wrong to say that Laracast has been the reason why many developer opted for Laravel and succeeded with this framework.
With basic tutorials being for free, you can get started with it Laravel from scratch.
Not every framework or technology have official documentation well drafted, maintained or easy to understand. Luckily with Laravel this is not the case. It has documentation that you will love to read and that can literally ignite your passion for this framework. It has been maintained for each release, in well separated segments. It covers all topics ranging from installation to each feature. You will never get disappointed if you go through official documentation and it has everything that you need to learn this framework and more.
Having mentioned the above Laravel documentation options, now is the right time to mention some great people covering Laravel that you should follow:
- Taylor Otwell – Godfather of Laravel – @taylorotwell
- Jeffrey Way – Mr. Tutorial – @jeffrey_way
- Eric L. Barnes – Guy behind Laravel news @ericlbarnes
- Dayle Rees – Beloved author on Laravel books @daylerees
Other resources and tutorials to learn Laravel:
- PHP with Laravel for beginners – Quality paid video tutorials by Edwin Diaz
- Books reviewed by Laravel News – Laravel News is an integral part of the Laravel ecosystem and you can get some reliable information here
- Laravel Tutorials by Laravel News – Find trending and popular Laravel topics
- Laravel Tutorials by Tuts – Various authors contributed articles here
- SitePoint tutorials – Various author contributed articles here
- Code Smart, Book by Dayle Rees – Dayle Rees is a respected name in the Laravel community
- Brief article by Thilina Ashen Gamage that explains Laravel – Also highlights other tutorials at Medium
- Laravel tutorials on Scotch – Another good and reliable site to learn any new technology
- Laravel tutorials at Pluralsight – Some tutorials are free, some are paid
- Laravel conference videos – From founder Tylor Otwell and other respected names in the Laravel community
- Insights at Medium from Tylor Otwell – Learn a thing or two from the Laravel founder
- Articles from Matt Stauffer – Learn from the technical director at Tighten Co.
- Podcasts by Matt Stauffer – If podcasts are your thing, Matt keeps you up to date
- YouTube video tutorial series by Devlop – You can find numerous videos on their channel
In this article, I have covered why Laravel is possibly the right framework for you, mentioned what you need to know before you get started and finally shown you great resources to ramp up your Laravel knowledge.Zurück zur Tutorial Übersicht Back to Tutorial Overview
The name Laravel (Lar-a-vel, not Lauravel) was made up by Taylor Otwell [who created the Laravel Framework] from the name of the castle where the kings and queens of Narnia live. So much for a little history. In this article, I will guide you through the best Laravel tutorials available to learn the framework. This […]
Thank you for your feedback!
We will get back to you as soon as the article is finished.