Im Durchschnitt wird dieses Tutorial Install Froxlor on Ubuntu mit 5 bewertet, wobei 1.0 die schlechteste und 5.0 die beste Bewertung ist. Es haben insgesamt 708 Besucher eine Bewertung abgegeben.
700 8

Install Froxlor on Ubuntu

from gridscale Team Control Panels Ubuntu WebServer
tutorial - how to install Froxlor on Ubuntu

Overview

In the last article, I introduced some server management tools (German only). You are looking for how to install Froxlor specifically? That’s what I’ll show you today.

Preparing the server

I am assuming that your server is freshly created. If you have created a server at gridscale, it is already up to date. If your provider handles this differently, update your server with the following command:

$sudo apt-get -y update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade

In contrast to Plesk or EHCP, Froxlor requires a pre-installed LAMP server. LAMP stands for “Linux Apache MySQL PHP”.
First install APACHE2:

$sudo apt-get -y install apache2

Then install PHP and a few extensions that Froxlor requires.

$sudo apt-get -y install php php-cgi php-cli php-common php-mysql php-mbstring php-bcmath php-zip php-curl php-dev php-gd php-tidy php-xmlrpc php-xsl php-mcrypt php-imap php-imagick libapache2-mod-php

In the last step install MySQL

$sudo apt-get -y install mysql-server

During the installation you will be asked for a root password for your MySQL server. Keep it safe as you will need later.
Now add a user to Froxlor:

$mysql -u root -p

Enter the password that you set during the installation of MySQL.

$ create database froxlor;
$ create user froxlor@localhost identified by 'mein_passwort';
$ grant all privileges on froxlor.* to froxlor@localhost;
$ flush privileges;
$ exit;

Installing Froxlor

First you switch to the directory /var/www/

$cd /var/www/

And delete the folder html.

$rm -r html

Afterwards you want the latest Froxlor Tar Ball.

$wget https://files.froxlor.org/releases/froxlor-latest.tar.gz

And extract it.

$tar -zxvf froxlor-latest.tar.gz

Then you rename the newly created directory

$mv froxlor html

And delete the Tar ball.

$rm -r froxlor-latest.tar.gz

Configuring Froxlor

Now you can access the web browser in your browser by going to http: // yourip/ go.
After clicking on “Start installation” you will get the “System Requirements Check”, which should be completely green, if you have followed the instructions.
Then click on “Continue installation” at the bottom right.
On the next page you will be asked for the passwords for the “Froxlor-MySQL User”, for the “ROOT-MySQL User” and for the “Froxlor Admin Account”. Enter all passwords and remember them well. Froxlor should automatically recognize the other settings.
Then click “Continue installation”.

A userdata file was created during the installation, which should be moved to the right directory.

$mv /tmp/userdata.inc.php /var/www/html/lib/userdata.inc.php

Click on “Go to the login window” to complete the installation. Froxlor is now ready to be set up.

Do you want to try EHCP or Plesk for server management instead of Froxlor? Then check out our EHCP  (German only) or Plesk tutorial.

Overview In the last article, I introduced some server management tools (German only). You are looking for how to install Froxlor specifically? That’s what I’ll show you today. Preparing the server I am assuming that your server is freshly created. If you have created a server at gridscale, it is already up to date. If your provider […]

Schade, dass dir der Artikel nicht gefallen hat.
Was sollten wir deiner Meinung nach besser machen?

Thank you for your feedback!
We will get back to you as soon as the article is finished.

Übrigens: kennst du schon unser Tutorial zum Thema Install UFW on Ubuntu 16.04?

Developer?

Get the latest gridscale developer tutorials here.
And don’t worry - we won’t spam you